Thursday, August 2, 2012

Home Alone


Its been a little over 2 weeks that I am Home Alone - and I seriously hate it.
I remember watching "Home Alone" when I was in school and all I could think of was the independence and sheer thrill to be Home Alone - my very own adventure and I get to be the protagonist.  Who would have known then that Independence is overrated and is not so much fun if you don't have to fight for it!

I work out of home nowadays and though it keeps me busy throughout the day my high point of the day would be when Mr. P(THE HUSBAND) comes home and we get our hot cuppa and chat about all things under the sun. The weeknights are spent cooking dinner together, sharing it, picking on some fancy destination and making a travel plan even if we don't have any vacation days or most importantly Moolah to even remotely make it happen. Some days its office work which he brings in and though the calls are a tad too long I somehow like to read my storybook amidst all the chaos.( I guess it reminds me of home! )
We end our weeknights with movies ( our weeknight favorite - the Poirot Series)

I remember our discussions on one such evening where I had animatedly said that our life was so mundane , so very routine. I had then perhaps unknowingly wished for "Change" - and so Voila Change it is... I now crave for my mundane routine in this small city of St Louis with my best friend. I am not regretting the Change - its perhaps a realization of the small nothings which really collectively make a beautiful Something.

Even though I follow the same routine now , everyday at just about 5:30 PM I feel as if there is going to be a very familiar knock on the door and it is going to be P -all set for our weeknight adventure(Routine) to begin. Till I await my knock here's hoping you have a "Boring evening with a Beautiful Someone " or perhaps the otherway round. Take your pick!
  
 A Lesson Learnt : BORING IS BEAUTIFUL!

"Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood".~ Hellen Keller

 






1 comment:

  1. Hey, this is so beautifully written. For someone who knows both of you so closely, it made me happy-sad-happy. Happy1: reading about your description of week-nights, sad: how you were robbed off your weeknights' togetherness, and happy2: now you are back to enjoying the beautiful boredom :).
    "Independence is overrated and is not so much fun if you don't have to fight for it"- A quotable quote indeed!

    ReplyDelete