Friday, January 4, 2013

Welcome 2013!


Wishing everyone good health ,happiness and the very Best this New Year!


New Year's Day:  Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions.  Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.  ~Mark Twain

It's another New Year and time for new beginnings - Resolutions again made to be broken.
Well , I had a resolution last year to start writing a blog - I did, though only 4 posts in the entire year is not exactly a job well done.
So , here goes one of my Resolutions for this year, to be consistent with writing a blog - a little more of Sweet'nSour and hoping it's a little sweeter this year.

A flashback into 2012 - The Husband moves to NJ on a new assignment. Visa troubles spurred an impromptu 2 month trip back home right in time for Durga Pujas. Though the working nights routine was a little overwhelming but a visit back home right in time for the biggest festive season for India was nothing short of extraordinary.  Mahalaya, Durga Puja, Bijoya Sammilani, Lakshmi Puja, Kali Puja, Bhaiphonta , Jagadhhatri Puja - Month long festivities and watching a Kolkata dressed up in its finery after years  will be cherished forever. I am back to Chicago, working and living with roommates. I travel back and forth between CHI and NYC on weekends and holidays and  though my travel carry-on seems to get heavier this winter my pocket feels considerably lighter with these weekend trips. 

Time Check - Current Day,  It's a chilly morning here in Windy City and as I head off to catch the morning train to work I can't help but wonder What would this year be like --- Make and Break, Sweet Love and Heartache, Exciting and Boring, Surprising and Shocking - It's going to have it all I know - A Bollywood Masala!

 As I speculate and wonder about this year and how it's going to turn out , I am reminded of a song sung by Doris Day from one of my childhood favorites -

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.


Lights, Camera Action ----- And it begins!



1 comment:

  1. I will make the same prophecy about your twenty13, as the one you made about my twenty12 :-). May sweetness rule everything in your world except your palate, for obvious reasons. And may sourness only come from the taste of fuchkas ;). Bring it on, 2013!

    P.S. May you be 13 times more resolute in the implementation of your resolution than last time.

    ReplyDelete